Re: RealServers making requests to Virtual IP again?

Subject: Re: RealServers making requests to Virtual IP again?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:15:41 -0400
"Pedro C.G." wrote:

> First of all, thx for your reply.
> Yes, this is somehow what I am looking for. Then, it seems that it is
> feasible.
> What it is strange to me is that all the real servers have its default
> gateway set to RIP of the Director box.

We call it the DIP

> So every single packet coming out
> the realservers should pass thru the director (it seems that I am not
> getting into the issue explained in the howto)

yes

> Can I use DirectRouting or
> Tunneling instead of NAT? It is not clear to me what the disadvantages of
> not using NAT are.

For LVS-DR, each realserver has the VIP, so a call to the VIP from a client
on a realserver will connect to the VIP on the realserver and not go through
the ipvs code on the director

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx