Re: ldirectord and squid check

Subject: Re: ldirectord and squid check
From: Morgan Marodin <mmarodin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:36:01 +0200
Hi.

Ok, the weight is 0 ... but I'm using persistent feature ... all connection to this (dead) realserver continues in the new fallback.

But it's strange ... because SOMETIMES fallback goes up only when all realserver goes down. And if I start ldirectord when all realservers are down ... fallback goes up (OK) ... and when realservers return alive ... ldirector add their connection but doesn't remove the fallback.

What'up ?!? A problem in the ldirector script? I use a heartbeat source rpm for red hat enterprise 3 to install it.

Thanks, Morgan

At 03.02 21/04/2004, you wrote:
On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 05:05:46PM +0200, Morgan Marodin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> If I use ldirectord original script as you say (quiescent=no) it works if I
> don't use fallback feature in the ldirectord.cf.
>
> Trying use this feature (like fallback=127.0.0.1:8080) ldirectord add a
> fallback server everytime a realserver goes down. I don't want this !!! I
> want that the fallback goes up ONLY WHEN ALL realserver are dead.

What is the weight of the fallback server?

--
Horms