Re: ldirectord and squid check

Subject: Re: ldirectord and squid check
From: Morgan Marodin <mmarodin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:07:55 +0200
Hi.

If I use ldirectord original script as you say (quiescent=no) it works if I don't use fallback feature in the ldirectord.cf.

Trying use this feature (like fallback=127.0.0.1:8080) ldirectord add a fallback server everytime a realserver goes down. I don't want this !!! I want that the fallback goes up ONLY WHEN ALL realserver are dead.

Could you help me?
Thanks!

Morgan

At 03.43 20/04/2004, you wrote:
On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:32:45PM +0200, Morgan Marodin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> It works only if I don't use the fallback server, because it use this
> feature every time a realserver goes down.
>
> I've modified also the ldirector script in the "_remove_service" subroutine
> to delete the realserver instead of the "quiescent" method (it changes the
> weight of the realserver, but it doesn't remove it).

This should not be neccessary. Just set the following at the
top of your ldirectord.cf file.

quiescent=no

> In this way if I fallback feature ... it doesn't work well, so I don't use
> it.
>
> A yeard ago I have used ldirectord v.1.26 and there weren't these problems.
> Anybody can help me?
>
> I want to:
> - use fallback only when all realserver go down

That is the way that fallback works.

> - remove the realserver from the list when it goes down (not change the
> weight)

As mentioned above, set quiescent=no

--
Horms