RE: Geographic Loadbalancing..

Subject: RE: Geographic Loadbalancing..
From: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:22:01 -0700
> If you have multiple A records your going to have a round
> robin effect.
> This is not what this person wants.  They may be able to use the
> supersparrow code to do do active/passive dns failover with
> some tweaks.

Are you sure you want to recommend code that is version 0.0.0 for 3
years?  Maybe Horms has a version he recommends.

> http://www.tenereillo.com/GSLBPageOfShame.htm

Nice page, it has some good information.  My company will be starting a
second presence shortly.  What are all the other LVS users doing?  We
had been looking at a 3DNS solution
(http://www.f5.com/f5products/bigip/3dns/) or a multiple A record
solution.  After reading about the browser cache I think it will be the
A record solution.