RE: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster

Subject: RE: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:27:54 +0100

Jan Klopper :
> Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:48 AM
> To: aero_climb@xxxxxxxx; lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster
>
> Romain,
>
> There is not good sollution for mysql and clustering.

Tup tup tup. That's what is called an assertion, man :).

The current state of the artr for MySQL is to use an NBD cluster. You can use
LVS to load-balance connections to your MySQL servers. You need a small
management server to manage it.

Now, to check whether a MySQL server is available or not, you have two
solutions (assuming you choose Keepalived):

Use a TCP_CHECK that will detect if the server accepts connections.
Use the check_mysql from nagios-plugins embedded in a MISC_CHECK script.

Probably you can do more complicated things with THC but, I didn't find time
yet to test it, so, I can't help.

François (et hop).