RE: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster

Subject: RE: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:57:35 +0100

Jan Klopper :
> Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:56 AM
> To: LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.
> Subject: Re: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster
>
> True,
>
> But as soon as you start doing updates to the database you will horribly
> screw up your data, because mysql can't propogate the changes made on
> slaves back tot the master and so on.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm not talking about master/slave or
active-slave method using old MySQL replication process. I'm talking about
NBD cluster:

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-cluster-for-two-servers.ht
ml

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql-cluster-basics.html

I'm currently evaluating this solution, which as passed the "case study"
test. I will implement it at the end of this month. I would like to know if
anyone here have any (bad or good) experience with such MySQL setup.

Thank you,

François.

P.S.: Is it or not out of topic?
P.P.S.: Coda technologies have already been discussed a lot here, but I is
clearly not available for production.