Re: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster

Subject: Re: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster
From: Jan Klopper <janklopper@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:23:08 +0100
You are talking about pure failover only right?

I was talking about load balancing for mysql which is pretty much undoable.

Pure failover might be possible, just make sure the slave becomes the master on failover, and when the old master get back up it starts being a slave, and replicates from the new master.