local node port redirection

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: local node port redirection
From: Tom Lord <toml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:09:05 +0000
>From the list:

"If you are trying to do port redirection using LVS, then
this won't work on the Local Node. Other than that,
you should be fine."

Is it possible to get port redirection working on the Local Node?

We're using Tomcat as a webserver and this can't run securely on port
80. Therefore we want to run a public service on port 80 which redirects
to port 8080 on each realserver. However we are also limited on the
number of servers we can use, so we really want to get the local node
configuration working, which requires local node port redirection.
Otherwise we need to dedicate 2 servers to just being director &
failover, which seems a bit of a waste...

TIA

Tom Lord.