Re: local node port redirection

Subject: Re: local node port redirection
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:24:18 -0500
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx

> The post you refer to suggests patching the kernel. We found that
> without patching the kernel we couldn't connect to the load-balanced
> service when the request was forwarded to a remote server,
> probably due
> to bad connection tracking in iptables.

I had forgotten that the nfct patch was required for it to work.

> We want to run two web servers on the director: Tomcat as
> the primary
> webserver and Apache as the sorry server. We can't run
> these on the same
> port, and the local node LVS setup doesn't allow changing
> ports, so we
> can't reach both webservers on the local machine.

I still haven't got your problem. I don't mind giving answers,
but I need the question first. Here's what I guess you might
be trying to say...

o you have services on the director listening on two ports
(normal server on 80 and sorry server on 8080) in localnode

o the client only knows about port 80

o the service on port 80 is operating under localnode on the LVS
and is the service seen by the client on port 80.

o you have scripts which which detect some criterion which are then
used to direct further connection requests to the sorry server.

o you want these scripts to rewrite the ports so that the sorry
server connections go to the server listening on 8080 and you don't know
how to do this.

If this is what you're trying to say, then please read the link
at the bottom of the short introduction to

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.introduction.html#getting_technical_help

otherwise please explain your problem.