Re: local node port redirection

Subject: Re: local node port redirection
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:28:03 -0500
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/04/2005 01:13:35
PM:

> > http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.
> localnode.html#localnode_cant_rewrite_ports
>
> Thanks for the pointer. We are testing this to see if it
> can work around
> the problem, but it has two disadvantages:
>
> 1. It requires recompiling the kernel with changes which may cause
> problems on SMP machines (according to some reports).

you only need iptables support (AFAIK). Does this cause problems with
SMP?

> 2. It doesn't allow one to run multiple web servers on the director
> (e.g. Apache for the sorry server, and Tomcat for the main
> web service).

this isn't obvious to me. Can you explain more?

> Would it be hard to make the local node option support
> different local ports

not sure yet, need to see what the Tomcat problem is first