RE: LVS via Direct routing

Subject: RE: LVS via Direct routing
From: Ramprasad A Padmanabhan <ramprasad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:33:21 +0530
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 14:18, Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:
> Volker Dormeyer :
> > All real server machines and the LVS system itself are meant here. The
> > sketch on [1] should make it clear. Yes, the clients can connect from
> > anywhere.
> >
> >    1. http://www.linux-vs.org/VS-DRouting.html
>
> Yes and no. All servers should share a physical segment with the director.
> They could at least use different outgoing networks (I used this setup
> sometimes).
>
> But, really, I think that you can do DR with a multi-homed director, which
> can have several "internal" networks. The only thing you need is that your
> director should have direct access to all the servers "internal" networks.

I dont want to complicate my job , more than it is required. ( It is
already in a mess ). I am kind of stuck implementing LVS.
Since yesterday I have been reading the docs LVS Howto, on setting up a
LVS. I have decide to use Direct routing.
   Suppose I use Linux kernel 2.6.11.x ( SUSE ) as the LVS director and
the realservers as Redhat machines , I want to know if

1) Should I disable arp on lo , only on the director machine.
2) If all my machines ( LVS director + realservers )  have valid
internet IP's do I require to have a private network between my director
and realservers.

I know these questions are too basic , but for a newbie the docs are a
lot of mumbo-jumbo. I will be reading them again , but I can sure use
help.

Thanks
Ram

Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.