Re: hidden patch

Subject: Re: hidden patch
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 11:15:56 +0900
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 08:42:03AM -0800, jess patel wrote:

> If I am using kernel provided by centos and trying to patch it with
> hidden patch and have some of the files not exist...is that ok?  Of
> course then the problem comes in when the hidden files is not created
> even after I compile my kernel and when I manually try to create it I
> can't :(

Patching kernels is a tricky and often painful art, even for the
experienced. I'm not sure which version of CentOS you are using,
but I suspect it already has the arp_ignore and arp_announce proc
values, which can be used instead of, and are superior to
the hidden proc value. Please consider using these instead,
if they are there, you will not need to patch your kernel.

--
Horms -> Debian Kernel Maintenice Team Member, amongst other things