Re: Ultramonkey, Piranha, Keepalived, oh my!

Subject: Re: Ultramonkey, Piranha, Keepalived, oh my!
From: Troy Hakala <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:47:32 -0800
Keepalived controls LVS (starts, stops and configuration) and gives you
failover and real server monitoring, so I assume it's the equivalent of
heartbeat and ldirectord. So Keepalived vs. Ultramonkey is an
apples-to-apples comparison, I think.

FWIW, we chose keepalived years ago because Ultramonkey's development and
support seemed to be inactive, while keepalived's was active (and continues
to be). Ultramonkey seems to be a bit more alive these days, though.
Keepalived also seemed simpler than Ultramonkey at the time. We've been
using Keepalived for 3 years and have been happy with it.