RE: Ultramonkey, Piranha, Keepalived, oh my!

Subject: RE: Ultramonkey, Piranha, Keepalived, oh my!
From: "Timothy Bushart" <tbushart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:53:24 -0500

I'm considering lvs-dr using piranha. Can you elaborate on why piranha might
not be for someone wanting to use this? To me it looks fairly simple to set
up, but I haven't done it yet. There is a select button for lvs-dr in
piranha, configure the appropriate ips of your primary and backup directorrs
and VIP, and real servers, then configure the following on your real servers
rc.local for the shared Virtual IP:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/hidden
ifconfig lo:0 172.26.20.110 netmask 255.255.255.255 broadcast 172.26.20.110
up

thanks