Re: Samba Clustering

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Samba Clustering
From: Fred Lacombe <fred.lacombe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:56:30 +0200
Hi team,

in your configuration, both nodes have the same netbios name and they share a virtual IP is it ? If so it may result into some weird behaviour (like duplicating for shares and much more weird if authentication is needed in PDC configuration).

You may need to hide samba ports to avoid this behaviour, that was done for samba/lvs configuration (see the howto indicated by J. Mack). But with such a way to hide, you need to detect unavailability through heartbeat and then have a rule to remove hiding rules. I think it my be easier and faster to start samba on the second node when detecting the first one has failed.

I hope it helps, and that I've well understood the problem.

Regards,

--
Fred Lacombe                                 22, rue Boyer Barret
Open Source Project Manager                         F-75014 Paris

Quoting Todd <tfranklin47@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Thanks for the quick feedback!    True....I do have dual NICs installed
on each node....i checked the man pages for smbd and nmbd...but I
didn't see the smbd switch to which you are referring.   If I use the
proposed switch..will it hinder browsing on Windows client?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Siim Põder" <windo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>