Question regarding ldirectord and running ipvsadm to manually pull a rea

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question regarding ldirectord and running ipvsadm to manually pull a real server out of rotation
From: Victor Chang <victor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:14:41 -0700
Hi all,
I have a linux director running ldirectord pointing to 5 real web servers. ldirectord.cf checkinterval is set at 10, checktimeout is at 5 and authreload is set to yes. My questions is, with ldirectord.cf configured to have all 5 real servers in rotation (quiescent=yes), when I run ipvsadm to manually take 4 server out of rotation (say, server02 through server05) by setting the weight to 0, will ldirectord automatically put the yanked servers back in the rotation? I am assuming that ldirectord _should not_ put server02 through server05 back in rotation, but I am seeing the yanked servers would be back on rotation anywhere between 5 minutes to a day. Perhaps this is triggered by other events unrelated to ldirectord?

Your feedbacks are greatly appreciated.

-Victor