Re: Ldirectord and custom scripts

Subject: Re: Ldirectord and custom scripts
From: Malte Geierhos <malte@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:06:49 +0200
hi
by today I have though a little bit on that...
but my idea was having weigthed checks... so
-1 = NOK
0  = OK default weight
1 = OK weight 1
2 = OK weight 2

100 = weight 100
so, you can make checks returning a value depending on the load ( you will see if it's a delay, the cpu usage or whatever ).. and then, the ldirectord should assign it
sounds interesting since jeremy seems to have lost some thing while he was house moving. :)
*G* so where's the patch ? ;)
and what about the scripts to deliver data about load etc ?
I thought about this, too a while ago.
My conclusion was to get several factors like cpu - cycles, Wait/IO, memfree etc and give the user the ability to give i.e. Wait/IO 60% what means - if wa is up to 100 percent the server should've only a weight of maybe 40 if 100 was normal. If cpu is busy, too with 60% and cpucycles was weighted with 25%
then we've got load 75%  so only 25 points ... and so on
what do you mean ?