Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through

Subject: Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:42:00 +0200
Hello guys,

OK, just a quick feedback - the datacenter has confirmed they've got a
router check for "IP Spoofing" enabled, which prevents the real server
physical network, which will then hopefully work.  If not, I guess I
could resort to LVS-NAT.

the problem is not the RIPs on the realservers, which can be anything (presumably belonging to the datacenter's IP range), but the packets with src_addr=VIP going to 0/0. The datacenter doesn't have the VIP in its range, it's in your range, but it's coming out of the machines in their datacenter.

This normally isn't much of a problem anymore in most cases, since our larger data center providers soon all belong to our major Swiss telco and thus are within one AS :). The IP Spoofing check most of the time is of course bogus ... and I just realised that you went for one of those German providers in Nürnberg who's still got a full B-class network at its hands.

Since your DGW is back through the E-BGP router of Hetzner in any case I suggest they should accept your VIP packets. OTOH, they are a rather large company, so individual requests for router changes might be amiss.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc