Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through
From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:03:35 +0200
Roberto Nibali wrote:

> On a side note, an explanation of the flags all, default and others:
>
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=97932487110806&w=2

Thanks Roberto, very useful.

>> # ipvsadm -l -n
>> IP Virtual Server version 1.2.1 (size=4096)
>> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>>   -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
>> TCP  217.8.220.80:25 rr
>>   -> 217.8.220.73:25              Route   1      0          0
>
> Weren't the RS in the 88.198/16 range? I'm a bit confused.

Sorry, I'm still waiting for Hetzner to set up the new servers - this is
now a local test-setup.

> 1) DGW for RS2 should be the director
> 2) have you played with {send,accept}_redirect?

See my followup posting.

> Since I'm not sure anymore if I understand your network setup, would
> it be possible for you to send along a ASCII-sketch (no tabs, please)
> with IP addresses?

+-------------+       +-------------+
| 217.8.220.72|       | 217.8.220.66|
| director    |       | default gw  |
+-------------+       +-------------+

   +-------------+
   | 217.8.220.73|
   | real server |
   +-------------+
   +-------------+
   | 217.8.220.74|
   | real server |
   +-------------+
   +-------------+
   | 217.8.220.75|
   | real server |
   +-------------+
   | 217.8.220.76|
   | real server |

Using the LVS-DR approach with forward_shared and clients in the Hetzner
datacentre didn't work - I couldn't get the response back to the client.
This sounds like the Hetzner IP spoofing prevention getting in the way.

But I've now got it to work with as LVS-NAT, although it remains to be
seen if the same will work @Hetzner.

/Per Jessen, Zürich