Re: Potential Opportunity to Validate LVS for use with Seibel CRM

Subject: Re: Potential Opportunity to Validate LVS for use with Seibel CRM
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:31:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Dave Augustus wrote:

Hello All,

Due to the awesome product that LVS is I have obtained the support of management to deploy LVS as the load-balancer for our new CRM deployment.

I'm glad you like it and I hope it's being useful.

Although LVS was started initially by the bright ideas and hard work of one person, it's now a distributed development project where people do as they see fit. There isn't a spokesperson for LVS and I'm speaking personally here. I'm rather wary when someone who I don't know comes bounding over to tell me that something I don't know about will be a great opportunity for me. As well you aren't clear about whether you want help from us or are just keeping us informed of what you're doing.

We are considering approaching Siebel to get their approval and support of using LVS instead.

I don't know anything about CRMs although I know people who use them. Does Siebel understand the GPL? Do you?

This appears to be a great opportunity for this project.

CRMs weren't on our list of things to do. I suspect that there's nothing unique about CRMs - load balancers have no idea what sort of application they're loadbalancing. Perhaps you could fill us in here.