Re: load balancing using keepalived

Subject: Re: load balancing using keepalived
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:39:35 -0400
Hi Joe,
Hey thanks for the response.

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
you're showing a single realserver with the director running in local node.
I am? I guess I don't understand what this means. What I thought I had is a MASTER and a BACKUP director for failover (didn't post the BACKUP config but it's there on another machine), and two realservers, .25 and .26, and a VIP, .215. Just one LAN instance, as all servers are on local LAN, no WAN instance since I have just a single WAN gateway/router to Internet. I get the failover (and back) ok but ixnay on the load balance.

It is a two realserver configuration, but it's not the basic configuration.
Is this a valid setup (maybe not your classic 'basic' config but a rather simple config nonetheless)?

I'm using 'rr' scheduling. I've looked through the forum and google and I see other entries with similar situation of no load balancing occurring. Can this be fixed? I was expecting that the connections would alternate between the two realservers when using the 'rr' scheduler.

I would have thought so too.
Do you see anything in my config that could be the cause of the lack of load balancing? Or is this really a bug?
Here is ipvsadm:
# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP 192.168.1.215:ssh rr
-> 192.168.1.26:ssh Masq 1 0 1
-> 192.168.1.25:ssh Local 1 3 0
#