Re: [lvs-users] Monitoring traffic

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Monitoring traffic
From: alex <alshu@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:07:02 +0300

[ Yes I've read http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.monitoring_lvs.html ]

I'm making my own monitoring tools (based on MRTG etc...) and I'm currently gathering data from call to ipvsadm --stats -t ..... That works fairly well but, and there is a but, the cmd line tool does some formating like 11234k rather than the full value 11234567 which is causing me trouble. I tried to access /proc/net/ip_vs* but there is nothing that I could use. ip_vs_stats is a general counter, not one per VS. For the moment, I reset the counter atfer each read, but it's not great, and the day my trafic will grow above the 1M per 5 minutes, I'm f#@4ed.

Any ideas welcome.

  I am using lvsgsp. It make good statistics with rrdtool. But now page
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/~acassen/ not found.
  I attached its tarball and scripts for use it with rrdtool that i change
a little.

  Alex

--
Thomas