Re: [lvs-users] Are LVS / ldirectord Multithreaded?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Are LVS / ldirectord Multithreaded?
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:57:27 -0700
To answer everyone's questions:

1. I have 60 VS with 2 RS each, plus another 60 VS with 1 RS each. (If
possible, I would prefer not to discuss why I have 60 VS with only 1 RS
each right now. Suffice it to say that there are reasons. It's two
different applications with 2 different purposes.)

2. When I asked about the throughput measurement, I meant HOW to obtain
that measurement. I know we're looking for packets per second, I just
don't know the best way to obtain that. There's no snmp on this
computer. All the counters I can find show totals for packets in and
out, but not pps. I was hoping to get away without showing my ignorance.
Too late. :0)

3. No need to explain why NAT works the CPU harder. That much I
understand.

4. The health check interval is 2 seconds. The 60 VS with 2 RS each are
checking via http. The other 60 VS with 1 RS each check by tcp connect.

Let me know if I missed any.

--
Eric Robinson