Re: [lvs-users] Are LVS / ldirectord Multithreaded?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Are LVS / ldirectord Multithreaded?
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:16:38 +1100
On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 03:42:11AM -0800, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> > fork = yes
>
> That seems well worth a try. I made the change to ldirectord.cf and expected
> to see a bunch of new processes spawned, but after a while nothing happened.
> I have autoreload=yes. Is this a configuration parameter that only gets read
> at startup? I can try restarting the ldirectord service, but not until
> tonight.

That seems odd. What you have done should work.
Is there any thing in the logs about
"Child not running" or "Spawned child", or even
"Configuration file xxx has changed on disk" ?

The fork option is rather new, so perhaps there is a bug :(

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K., Sydney, Australia Satellite Office