Re: using the vs from the vs-machine

To: "Gerd v. Egidy" <egidy.list3@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: using the vs from the vs-machine
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:04:50 +0800

"Gerd v. Egidy" wrote:

> i need that function to install a special proxy system on the vs.
>
> what can i do? will changing to ip tunneling or direct routing help?

It is good to use VS-Tunneling or VS-DRouting to build a virtual
proxy server. Because in VS-Tunneling or VS-DRouting, the
load balancer is on the client-to-server half connection, real
servers reply directly to clients. The load balancer just forwards
requests to proxy servers, proxy servers fetch objects directly
from the Internet and return objects to clients directly. So, the
scheduling overhead is extremely low for the load balancer,
so you can build a very high-performance virtual proxy server. :-)

And, I would be happy if you tell me how you build your
virtual proxy server.

Good luck,

Wensong