Re: Re2: using the vs from the vs-machine

To: "Gerd v. Egidy" <egidy.list3@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re2: using the vs from the vs-machine
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:36:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Gerd v. Egidy wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> > > My problem is that if i try to access the virtual server from the
> > > virtual-server machine i can't get a connection.
> >
> > can't be done, changing to tunneling, dr etc wont help. You
> > can't use normal routing on addresses that the LVS is controlling.
>
> can you say how big the effort will be to make it work? is it just a
> two-line patch in vs or something bigger?

I'm sorry I'm not an expert on this matter, you'd better wait for a reply
from someone else. However my understanding is that the normal routing is
disabled for the VIP to make the LVS work at all and that it can't and
won't be "fixed".

> i need it to install a ssl-proxy on the vs-machine because the virtual
> servers are heavy-loaded with database and php stuff and the vs machine could
> do the ssl encryption stuff because the load is very low on it.

Not sure what you are doing here, but I assume you want a machine/service
between the client and the server to do some fiddling with the ssl
packets or to be the ssl target. If you could use a different IP for the
input side and the VIP for the output of this filter machine, then
it would look like the client to the LVS, and I expect you could
run it on the director.

Maybe you could explain more what you're doing here or maybe someone
else on the mailing list already knows what you're doing and has
the answer.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx