Re: SMTP -- very slow connection

To: "Rob Thomas" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SMTP -- very slow connection
From: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:26:51 -0400
I'm connecting directly to the IP. But just to be sure, I'll add an entry to
the nameserver for that particular IP -- in both forward and reverse
lookups...........done.....

And it still does the same thing. :(

Understand that the thirty seconds are *AFTER* the connection... Telnet
connects, gives me the escape character, and sits. If it was a nameservice
thing, I'd imagine it'd sit before it connected.

<?> I'd actually be happier if it wasn't connecting. :) Then I'd know there
was definitely something I needed to fix between me and the real machine.
But when it connects and THEN has trouble... I'm lost. :(

All the best --
Ted