Re: SMTP -- very slow connection

To: <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SMTP -- very slow connection
From: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:09:05 -0400
Great idea. That was it. I turned off ident in sendmail and things worked
fine.

However, I don't want to turn of ident in sendmail, and I figure other
things might want ident too... so I want to cluster ident.

Clustering ident didn't help. I clustered tcp port 113 to both servers. (I
even tried "loadbalancing" 25 and 113 just to ONE server -- that way it'd
always hit the same server)... And that didn't work. I got the same
results -- telnet to port 25... connect... thirty seconds... and then
sendmail would enter command mode.

Any ideas? Do I have to loadbalance anything else besides tcp 113 for identd
to work?

All the best --
Ted Pavlic
tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx