Re: question about lvs and 2.3.x, 2.4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: question about lvs and 2.3.x, 2.4
From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:34:32 -0500 (EST)
Yeah, but the problem is for bosses is that these are all Linux companies,
so they say, oh, well, these are all Linux companies, of course they use
the Linux solution cause its their market and since a boss or market
person thinks that companies make all their decisions like they do, based
on market, how it looks and not off of any relevant information, the
technical reasons get lost somewhere.

Plus they need numbers.  You could tell a boss or a marketing guy anything
and if you don't have a chart, they don't care.

Is there any comparison stats against bigIP, Cisco, etc with LVS?

I just want to know how relevant the 2.4 tcp stack argument is.  It just
sounded like a stab in the dark to me.

-jeremy

http://www.xxedgexx.com | jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx