mysql through lvs?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mysql through lvs?
From: jake buchholz <jake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:12:35 -0600
Anyone have any success getting mysql to successfully connect through
LVS?

I can connect fine on the real server, but can't connect through the
LVS redirector...  I can't just telnet to port 3309 from the real or
through the LVS though -- so my guess is that mysql is sensing that
something isn't quite right and refusing the connection...

the LVS -> real server for databases are 1:1.  what i'd like to use it
for is to be able to switch to a different mysql real server if one goes
down (for maintenance, etc.) or to redistribute the databases if we add
a new mysql real server.

--
Jake Buchholz, Senior Systems Administrator     :           /~\
ExecPC (a Voyager.net company, NASDAQ: VOYN)    :    ASCII  \ /  Against