LVS on Mandrake 7.0 - continued

To: mack.joseph@xxxxxxx
Subject: LVS on Mandrake 7.0 - continued
From: Andreas Schiffler <schiffler@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:03:42 -0500
Hi,

thanks for the response Joe.

I am in the process of compiling a stock 2.2.14 kernel with the 0.9.10
VS patch. Maybe this will help ... I will report on failure or sucess.

The "error" is simply that there is no response from the VS cluster. I
am using Netscape as client, apache as server and the setup is
configured for port 80. Telnet is disabled (and locked with portsentry)
for security reasons ... I am maintaining the VS cluster remotely.

How could I check of the tunneling worked? Is there a way to monitor
this process (i.e. packes leaving the load balancer)? I check the tunl0
interface on the real server with ifconfig ... no packets received on
tunl0. That means the load balancer has send out no packets, the packets
got lost during transfer or the real server does not receive or process
the packets..

The cluster is connected via a 3COM 24port switch - could that be the
problem (i.e. the switch filters the encapsulated packets)?

Ciao
Andreas Schiffler