Re: UDP load balancing problem

To: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: UDP load balancing problem
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:10:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Wayne wrote:

> > > Trying to test a absolute high availability solution.

If I said that you wanted a high availability solution with
only one advertised IP (rather than 2) would this describe what
you are doing?

> Got any suggestions about simulating a busy network? run
> >ntpdate in a loop on the client?
>
> One client will not do.  We setup a lot of clients.  The reason is
> the NTP server somehow remember the client and if a client
> asked too much, it would not answer it for a period of time. Do
> not know who designed this in, but we found it out from our tests.
> We have close to 100 clients computers in the test.

hmm, I'm not going to be able to get 100 clients onto this
so I may not see what you see. If you have 100 clients
making requests every 1024 secs, thats only 1 request
every 10secs. You seem to be getting more than that.
Even at startup with 1 request every 64secs, that's only
2 requests/sec.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx