Re: UDP load balancing problem

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: UDP load balancing problem
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:48:12 -0700
At 07:41 PM 4/24/00 -0400, Joseph Mack wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Wayne wrote:
>

> > Trying to test a absolute high availability solution.
>
>OK
>
> > >Are you doing VS-DR or VS-NAT?
> >
> > Yes, all three servers at the same stratum and doing NAT.
>
>OK
>
>Just realised that you must be running a busy site there. If I have only
>one client, after everything has settled down, it will only be making one
>request/1024secs. If I have 5 servers they'll only be getting requests
>every 5120 secs. Got any suggestions about simulating a busy network? run
>ntpdate in a loop on the client?

One client will not do.  We setup a lot of clients.  The reason is
the NTP server somehow remember the client and if a client
asked too much, it would not answer it for a period of time. Do
not know who designed this in, but we found it out from our tests.
We have close to 100 clients computers in the test.