Re: UDP load balancing problem

To: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: UDP load balancing problem
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:40:37 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Wayne wrote:

> I am testing using NTP.

;)
I was looking for something to test udp on and
the best I could think of was ntp.

Two issues: 1) round-robin
> seems balance better than least connections; 2) the
> balance seems in a large time frame is fine (by sampling
> the NTP log every 5 minutes) but not fine by sampling
> the NTP log every second.  Is round robin sending
> traffic to servers based on each request or based on
> a period of time?

each connection.

I would expect least connection is meaningless in the udp context, since
there aren't any connections ;) but quite what you'd see as far as
balancing, I don't know.

Are you doing this just for fun or are you really going to LVS ntp? I
would expect ntp is well suited for distributed operation already and
wouldn't need LVS.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx