Re: UDP load balancing problem

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: UDP load balancing problem
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:46:27 -0700
We have tested LVS with DNS, which is UDP based, too.
What we are doing with this test is not for heavy load
issue, rather to see if LVS can provide a fail-over
mechanism for the services.  By load balancing the
servers, we can make two servers backup one, if the
one failed, the service will not stop.

If round-robin does this one request per server, it is
pretty hard to explain what we saw at the server log,
which indicating one server getting twice the requests
than other two in some seconds, and getting a lot less
at other seconds.  Could you explain why we seeing
that?

Thanks!