Re: FWMARK scheduling/persistence

To: Ted Pavlic <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FWMARK scheduling/persistence
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:33:44 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Ted Pavlic wrote:

> > 1. CIP->VIP
> > 2. CIP->FWMARK
> >
> > Any examples where/why (2) is needed?
> >
> > But switching the LVS code always to use (2) for the
> > persistent fwmark services is possible.
>
> In my opinion, here are some pros and cons of case 2:
[snip]

        I hope this feature (2) will be implemented in the next LVS
version (if Wensong don't see any problems). I.e. the templates
can be changed to case (2) for the persistent fwmark services.
For now we (I and Horms) don't see any problems after this change.
Then connections from one client IP to different VIPs (from the same
fwmark service) will go to the same real server (only for the persistent
fwmark services).

> All the best --
> Ted

Regards