persistent connections + proxy arrays

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: persistent connections + proxy arrays
From: "Guillaume Giroux" <gug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 02:07:31 -0400
I have heard but I could not verify that some big ISP use arrays of proxies
to send out their users' http request (AOL), causing the nice side effect
that the same aol user seems to originate from many distinct ip in the same
browsing session.

1- Can anybody confirm that this theory is true?

2- If this is true, my persistent (:0) DR setup becomes useless for aol
clients, because I keep session information on only the first real server to
serve him. Any suggestion (apart from "centralize that session info so it
can be available from all RS")?

thanks,
GG