Re: Problem with RedHat 6.2 + VS 0.9.7

To: Nguyen Dang Phuoc Dong <dongnd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem with RedHat 6.2 + VS 0.9.7
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Virtual Server <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:51:01 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Nguyen Dang Phuoc Dong wrote:

> [root@lvs /root] # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> 1
> [root@lvs /root] #
>
> I just can't understand why ipvsadm -L display the wrong parameters I set:

        You probably use ipvsadm that doesn't match the LVS
version. What is your ipvsadm version?

        ipvsadm -h

        For LVS 0.9.7 you can use only ipvsadm 1.7 or 1.8 (may be
1.5 and 1.6 too) but not 1.9 and up! If you use 1.9 and up for LVS 0.9.7
your packets probably go to another destination (not the specified).
The destination where your packets go is probably 0.0.0.0:256

        You can try with this table (I'm not sure if it is correct):

LVS     ipvsadm
0.9.0   *1.3
0.9.1   *1.4
0.9.2   *1.5   1.6   1.7   1.8
0.9.3    1.5  *1.6   1.7   1.8
0.9.4    1.5  *1.6   1.7   1.8
0.9.5    1.5   1.6  *1.7   1.8
0.9.6    1.5   1.6  *1.7   1.8
0.9.7    1.5   1.6  *1.7   1.8
0.9.8    1.5   1.6   1.7  *1.8
0.9.9    1.5   1.6   1.7  *1.8
0.9.10  *1.9   1.10  1.11
0.9.11  *1.9   1.10  1.11
0.9.12  *1.9   1.10  1.11
0.9.13   1.9  *1.10  1.11
0.9.14   1.9   1.10 *1.11
0.9.15   1.9   1.10 *1.11

* - this ipvsadm version ships with the specified LVS version

> Thanks,
>
> Dong

Regards

--