Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server
From: Brian Edmonds <bedmonds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Jul 2000 10:27:25 -0700
Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Can I instruct the LVS to send *certain* packet to *ALL* real server
> not at the moment. No-one has asked for anything like this.

I've been thinking it could be useful.  In particular, the DNS service
for our LVS farm will also be served by LVS for high availability, but
the master data will be maintained on our development network's DNS
server.  I would like to be able to have BIND send out the normal DNS
NOTIFY packets (to prompt a zone update) and get them transmitted to all
of the DNS servers in the farm, not just the one that the load balancer
happens to choose at that particular moment.

I can burn real IP addresses to make this happen, but I'd rather not
have to do so in the long run.

Brian.