Re: NAT routing not working

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: NAT routing not working
From: "Bruno L. F. Cabral" <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:14:28 -0300 (EST)
Hi there

thanks for answering

> > I read about piranha and LVS and decided to try the later, based
> > on the instructions at http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-NAT.html
> > but couldn't get success, so I'm writing in search of some aid
>
> > (in case it matters, the LVS-NAT router has two network cards and
> > it's connected to the same test HUB than the real server and the
> > test client -- lack of more HUBs to split the test networks ;~) )
>
> read the HOWTO.

sorry, I already read the VS-NAT instructions. I fully understand the
diferences between DR and NAT using LVS (as I wrote I have a working
environment using ipportfw which this LVS setup will overide)

> You cannot have any direct connection from the real-server
> to the outside world. The only connection is through the director
> (and its masq tables). The director is the default route for the
> real-server.

my excuses but I cannot see your point here. please note

- the real servers have private addresses and default route to the
VS-NAT router (which is working, in case you didn't saw when I said
that I can ping the outside world from the real servers).

- the VS-NAT router have its default route to the world.

I read many examples where the VS routers share the wire (i.e. hub)
with real servers (mostly DR examples, I must say) on the lvs.org
documentation section

Is there anything I'm missing on the above? are there implications
on running the NAT routers and the real servers on the same hub?

Cheers,
!3runo