doing both NAT and DR, I need help.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: doing both NAT and DR, I need help.
From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
I have a situation where I'm using DR, but I need to NAT *some*
traffic.

I have the lvs server setup with real ip's, but all the real servers are
using internal addresses.  I'm using DR, so the real servers are actually
using the real ip of my upstream providers router, I'm statically
assigning the mac address of the router to the real servers.

DR is working fine.

My issue is, the real servers need the ability to get outside the
network.  They have no real IP's assign though and they're currently not
being NAT'd, so it makes things difficult.

But, I figured there's got to be a way in ipchains or some advances
routing technique that will allow me to say, anything originating from one
of the real server, NAT through the LVS, anything outside coming in,
default to direct routing.

I hope this can work.  I'd like to take advantage of DR mode, but it's
making things kind of difficult because the users have special
requirements and the co location and network setup is somewhat
non-standard or maybe it is standard, but either way it makes things hard.

Any help would be appreciated.  There's got to be a way to let this work.

-jeremy

eholes.org * jeremy@xxxxxxxxxx
eholes have feelings too...