Re: doing both NAT and DR, I need help.

Subject: Re: doing both NAT and DR, I need help.
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:49:01 -0700
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 01:02:33PM -0400, tc lewis wrote:

> does the "ip" command not have this functionality?
> to setup special routing from the real servers.
> then if you want to use your balancer as a nat server at the same time i
> don't see why that wouldn't work as long as the traffic has nothing to do
> with the load balanced traffic, but maybe there is actually a problem
> there and you would need a separate machine for nat/masquerading.

I once unsuccessfully tried to use ip to do policy routing such that traffic
destined for the outside world would go through a NAT box, rather than
going direct. You should be able to make a route to match the source
address on the real server, as this will be its IP address, rather than
that of a virtual service.

The attempt was unsuccessful but I do believe it is possible, I just had
other priorities at the time.

--
Horms