Re: Persistence in LVS, and other projects?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Persistence in LVS, and other projects?
From: Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 00:51:43 -0500
Dan's not the only one who might be willing to pay for implementation of
such features... ;-)

I'm itching for a few things in LVS.  A fast MD5 (or similar hash)
destination IP hashing scheduling algorithm that will allow several web
caches to be used and have no repeated data between them.  (~$1500-$2000
seems fair to me...Anyone who has the skills to do so want to fill me in
on whether it is the 1-2 week job that I think it is?)

Moving LVS into the realm of more full featured L4 and L7 switches would
also be a fun thing, and it's something I'll help fund.

There's plenty of money for things to get done in LVS, I think.  But
where to find the willing (and good) coders to do it?

Any takers?

                                  --
                     Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances