Re: (drbd) Re: Many thanks for help! One last question ;-)

To: Horms@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: (drbd) Re: Many thanks for help! One last question ;-)
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Raj Dutt <raj.l@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 02:09:40 -0500
> If you are running NFS on Linux you sould be looking at
> http://nfs.sourceforge.net/ . Dave Higgen has been doing a lot
> of good things in this area.
>
> --
> Horms

Slightly OT but I was wondering what the general consensus is on NFS's current
state.

        Is it stable enough for use in a production environment
        with several clients mounted in R/W mode doing several
        megs/sec of Disk I/O?

This is obviously also dependent on hardware, but I was curious if some of the
more obscure and nasty locking issues with Linux NFS have been resolved.

Cheers,
 Raj Dutt
 Voxel dot Net, Inc.