Re: regarding LVS for DIRECT ROUTING configuration

To: DRONAMRAJU RAJESH <drajesh80@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: regarding LVS for DIRECT ROUTING configuration
Cc: wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:40:18 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, DRONAMRAJU RAJESH wrote:

> Hi wensong,
>
>        I have an Intel machine installed with RedHat 6.1. I guess this has
> come with ipvs patch and ipvsadm as i got the related commands when i
> searched in the system. I have read most of the documentation but could not
> unserstand properly on what are needed and how do i configure LVS for DIRECT
> ROUTING. Now my questions are:-
>
> 1.) can i use REDHAT 6.1 to install LVS?

yes, LVS is distribution neutral, you can use any linux. With RedHat
you should get a fresh kernel from ftp.kernel.org and the corresponding
patch from the LVS website.

> 2.) what more packages are needed to configure and make LVS - DIRECT ROUTING
> work?

none

> 3.) how do i configure for LVS- Direct Routing ?

read the HOWTO and/or the documents on the webpage.
Initially you can set it up by hand, but eventually
you'll want to use some sort of automatic configuration.
You can use my configure script (strangely on the documents page)
and more recently a webmin interface (look at the mailing archives)

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx