Re: Persistence without IP or cookies?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Persistence without IP or cookies?
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:40:47 +0100
On 2000-11-30T18:39:38,
   iceam@xxxxxxxxxx said:

> This is true, but ipvs uses the clients IP address, and in our case this is
> not unique. Have you any other ideas like Lars'?

Well, what _does_ your application use to associate an incoming request with a
specific client? Maybe there is a way to use that information for LVS, though
I doubt it: that would require layer 7 switching abilities, which LVS doesn't
have.

Maybe you can look at "persistance granularity" (-M I think).

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl