Re: LVS with mark tracking

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS with mark tracking
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:10:53 +0100
Hi,

> DR is not an realistic option for us, there can be any kind of real servers
> involved,

This is absolutely not a problem ... (unless you try it with Plan9 or Amoeba)

> with other administrators.

...this however can be a problem.

BTW, stupid question: If your incoming requests come through different
interfaces,
do they all leave through the same one and go to the realservers? Sketch:

    ____________      ____________    ____________
   |            |    |            |  |            |
   |  client 1  |    |  client2   |  |  client 3  |
   |____________|    |____________|  |____________|
         |                 |               |
         |                 |               |
      (router)         (router)         (router)
         |                 |               |
         +-----------+     |     +---------+
                  ___|_____|_____|____
                 |                    |
                 |   director (VIP)   |
                 |____________________|

         ------------------------------------
         |                 |                |
         |                 |                |
     RIP1, VIP         RIP2, VIP        RIP3, VIP
    ____________      ____________    ____________
   |real-server1|    |real-server2|  |real-server3|

If the setup looks like this, you can still do some kind of VS-DR approach
without having to deal with the arp-problem. I used this setup together with
HP/UX 10.20 and 11 boxes.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--