Re: Real server linux 2.4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Real server linux 2.4
From: Mikael Eriksson <mier@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:23:00 +0100 (MET)
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> Stefano Paterni wrote:
> >
> Hi,
>
> > I'm in trouble with real servers running linux kernel 2.4.
> > They respond to arp requests in spite of the linux director, in which way
> > can I stop them from responding to arp requests?
>
> Apply following patch: http://www.linux-vs.org/hidden-2.3.41-1.diff
> and proceed to setup the hidden devices like for 2.2.x kernels.

I never saw an explanation as to why the hidden-patch that actually made into
the 2.2-kernel didn't make it into 2.4. This is a patch of general
(?) interest, and it doesn't affect any other functionality - at least to my
knowledge.

Could somebody with the background-info please enlighten me and everbody else?

Cheers!

/m