Re: Real server linux 2.4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Real server linux 2.4
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:31:34 +0100
> I never saw an explanation as to why the hidden-patch that actually made into
> the 2.2-kernel didn't make it into 2.4. This is a patch of general
> (?) interest, and it doesn't affect any other functionality - at least to my
> knowledge.
>
> Could somebody with the background-info please enlighten me and everbody else?

Julian, do you still have the links where he can read through
the kernel threads about the discussion between you and Alexey
and others about this feature?

Basically, the people dealing with the network code layer for
kernel 2.4.x series don't see the neccessity for this patch and
also think that it's in a way broken by design. If I find the
links, I'll post it.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--