Re: Real server linux 2.4

To: Michael E Brown <michael_e_brown@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Real server linux 2.4
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:17:17 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Michael E Brown wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Mikael Eriksson wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Roberto Nibali wrote:
> >

> > > Apply following patch: http://www.linux-vs.org/hidden-2.3.41-1.diff
> > > and proceed to setup the hidden devices like for 2.2.x kernels.
> >
> > I never saw an explanation as to why the hidden-patch that actually made
> > into
> > the 2.2-kernel didn't make it into 2.4. This is a patch of general
>
> Why doesn't the author of the patch submit it to Alan Cox for inclusion in
> the -ac* series? Alan seems to have opened up his tree to exactly these
> kinds of patches.

        FYI, the patch was submitted one year ago (you see from the
version when it was created) to the network maintainers and they
responded. So, if the question is whether they know, the answer is yes.
Alan is not informed directly for this patch but the discussions on the
kernel mail list are public. The need is this feature to be replaced with
another one but there is still no another solution :) It is known that
this feature is not used only from the LVS community but everyone can
read the discussions and to see the different opinions on this issue.

> --
> Michael Brown
> Linux Systems Group
> Dell Computer Corp